In order to be considered for admissions to the LPN to ADN program, a student must meet the minimum score requirements on the SCC LPN to ADN Nursing Entrance exam.
Students applying to the LPN to ADN Advanced Placement option must achieve a score of 90% Probability of Passing NCLEX PN on the entrance exam. Students applying to the LPN to ADN online option must achieve a score of 94% Probability of Passing NCLEX PN on the entrance exam. The SCC LPN to ADN Entrance Exam must be completed within three years of the applicant’s proposed admission.
The SCC LPN to ADN Nursing Entrance examination is 180-item exam to assess student’s comprehension and mastery of basic principles including fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, adult medical surgical nursing, maternal newborn care, mental health nursing, nursing care of children, nutrition, and management. The examination cost is set by the company. SCC does not accept remote exam scores. Only exams administered by an approved on-site proctor will be accepted. Students are allowed only one attempt to test per academic year, regardless of location.
There is no specific review guide for this exam; however, preparation through the use of LPN course books and NCLEX-PN study guides are recommended. Here are a few resources recommended by ATI:
- Active Stack Pharmacology Flash Cards
- Learning Strategies: Your Guide to Classroom and Test-taking Success
- Log into your ATI account and access practice assessments
SCC normally offers a review course in the fall semester to prepare for the exam. Information will be provided for the review course as the dates are determined.
- Please complete the SCC LPN to ADN Nursing Entrance Exam Registration. Once the registration form is received and approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the Healthcare Programs Division. Registration must be completed no later than one week prior to the date of examination. Our testing center has limited seating, so priority is given on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be notified if the exam date you selected is full.
- Students are required to create an Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) student account at atitesting.com. This is required to take the exam. Be sure to write down your login credentials and bring them with you on the day of the exam. If you already have an ATI student account, please login prior to exam day to verify your login credentials.
- Students will receive an email confirming the exam date and instructions for purchasing the exam. The exam must be purchased by the deadline provided in the confirmation email. Failure to pay by the deadline may result in a cancelation of your registration.
- Students should report to the Learning Resource Center Testing Lab in Kitchin Hall by 8:30 AM on your scheduled exam date. Please bring a photo ID.
Day of Exam
- Arrive at the Learning Resource Center by 8:30 am on your scheduled exam date.
- Bring a photo ID. Students will not be allowed to take the exam without providing proper photo identification.
- Paper, pencil, and a four-function calculator will be provided for each test-taker on the day of the exam.
- Four (4) hours are allotted for testing.
- If you are unable to be present for your scheduled testing date, please contact Healthcare Programs Division at (910) 900-4311 or email@example.com.
It is the student’s responsibility to send their scores to the Healthcare Programs Division for review and consideration for admission.
Sampson Community College
ATTN: Healthcare Programs Division
P.O. Box 318
Clinton, NC 28328