The following institutional requirements for graduation must be met:
- All course requirements for the student’s selected curriculum must be successfully completed with at least 25 percent of the curriculum requirements completed through Sampson Community College.
- No more than 25 percent of the curriculum course requirements must be gained through proficiency examinations or experiential learning credit.
- A GPA of 2.00 (“C”) must be attained for courses with the student’s program of study.
- All financial obligations and Library obligations at the College must be met.
- Students that complete their program in Fall 2023: October 15, 2023
- Students that complete their program in Spring/Summer 2024: February 1, 2024
- Applications are required whether or not you intent to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- You must submit a separate graduation application for each degree or diploma.
- Login to Self-Service to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your application for graduation online.
- Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar.
- Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you, via email, whether or not your application is approved.
Spring 2024 Graduation Ceremony
Sampson County Exposition Center
Thursday, May 9, 2024
- Associate in Applied Science
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Associate in General Education
- Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring ceremony will receive guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the graduation application deadline for the Spring.
- All guests, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Guests without a ticket will not be allowed to attend the ceremony, but may view the ceremony streamed live (recordings available above).
- Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
- Tickets may be picked up in Student Services beginning Monday, April 22 – Thursday, April 25, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- To receive tickets, students must bring their SCC student ID. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
Graduates participating in the ceremony wear a black cap, black gown, and a SCC tassel. You can purchase or borrow regalia, but they must be black. Items available to purchase in Spring 2024. Prices will be announced then as well!