SCC encourages all students and alumni to take control of their future and career path! To help students and almuni reach their career goals and discover their interests and strengths, SCC offers the following career services:
- Career Exploration Resources
- Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
- Interview Tips and Techniques
- Job Placement Information
- Internship Information
- Annual Job Fair
It’s important to start with learning about yourself and what industries may be a good fit. Start by navigating the resources below.
Reality Check Tool
Learn what level of income matches your desired lifestyle
Not sure what your occupational interests are? Start here.
Career Cluster Match
Find a career cluster that is compatible with your goals, interests, and aptitude.
Be Your Own Boss
Think you want to own your own business? See what it will take.
Find out what careers match your current skill set.
What things matter to you when looking into a career or workplace? Find out here.
NC & County Labor Market Condition Report
NC Employment Projections
O*Net My Next Move
O*Net Resource Center
Now that you have learned more about your values, skills, and interests, you can start planning your career using the resources below.
Looking to earn class credit with work experience?
- Search CCN for local job opportunities and resume development.
- Reach out to Donna Odum, WBL & Apprenticeship Coordinator, for application material review and job placement assistance at email@example.com or 910.900.4152.
- Keep your eye out for Career Fair events and stay in contact with your program directors for internship and work-based learning opportunities.
Employer Connection Resource