Duties & Responsibilities
Sampson Community College is seeking a student-centered nurse educator committed to the open-door mission of the North Carolina Community College System to teach lecture and clinical courses to students in nurse aid, practical, and associate degree nursing. As a nursing instructor you will join SCC’s team of outstanding nurse educators developing future healthcare professionals for eastern North Carolina.
Class, lab, and clinical instruction of nursing and nurse aide students. Additional duties include course planning, development, and evaluation. Other duties include advising students, serving on committees, and participating in college activities such as professional development opportunities.
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- A current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina with two years of experience or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse is required.
- Preparation in teaching and learning principles including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation or willingness to seek continuing education as required by the NC Board of Nursing upon employment is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with commonly used computer software.
- Must meet health, immunization, and competency requirements of clinical agencies according to contractual agreements.